TomTom is an easy to use GPS device that is strictly made for automobiles. TomTom Go navigator can learn your driving habits and saves your time by predicting destinations. The TomTom GPS devices are implemented to assist with navigating millions of roads throughout the world. It also gathers and reports local traffic incidents, including delays, accidents and road construction.
But sometimes, your navigation device does not start correctly or may stop responding. It might suddenly freeze in the middle of regular operation or refuse to accept any touch inputs. So, to resolve the problem you need to reset the Tomtom navigation device.
Why it freezes or does not start?
- Dead/Drained Battery:
In the case that the device is not turning on or gets a freeze, there may be a problem with the battery. Change your battery and reset TomTom. Press the “Reset” button which is located on the bottom of the device above the SD card slot.
- Bad Display:
If the device does not start, it may be possible that you are not seeing anything appear on the screen. In this case, the display is most likely faulty or needs to be replaced.
- Device stuck on the startup screen:
If the device is stuck on the start-up screen, it is likely due to corrupted software. In this case, the software needs to be reinstalled and then you are required to reset TomTom to resolve the freezing problem.
There may be other issues also:
- Map in black and white which means your device has no satellite.
- Blank screen due to dead battery.
- No sound or distorted sound which means the speaker needs to be replaced.
- Internal issues for example motherboard failure.
How To reset Tomtom?
When your navigation device unexpectedly freezes or won’t”t turn on, you are required to reset your device. So, below is the procedure to reset TomTom:
- Charge Your device:
- Firstly, make sure that the battery is well charged.
- If it is not charged, you need to charge your device for at least 2 hours and do not turn it on while charging. Also, in the process of charging, make sure the light flashes on.
- Remove the SD card :
- Now, to carry on with the procedure to reset TomTom, the next step is to remove the SD card from the slot of the device. The SD card slot is located on the bottom of the device.
- Reset Your Device:
- Thereafter, you are required to press the “Reset” button. It is located on the bottom of the navigation device above the SD card slot.
- For this, you need a straightened paper clip or something similar that should be pointed from its corner.
- With the help of the clip, press the reset button for 15 seconds.
- Turn on the device:
- After resetting the device, you need to turn on your device.
- For this, you have to press the “on/off” button which is located on the top of your TomTom navigation device. Hold the button for at least 5 seconds until it turns on.
- Insert the SD card:
- After turning on your device, insert the SD card properly in the slot to retrieve all the saved memories.
So, if your device is not working properly or could not start, follow all the above steps in order to reset the TomTom navigation device.
For further help if you face any issue related to TomTom you can visit – TomTom Support